The first day of the 2014 NFL free agency period got off to a bang. Deals, cuts, and trades were happening all over the place. Below are some of the top free agency stories from Tuesday, March 11th.
- Cornerback Aqib Talib signed a 6-year, $57 million deal with the Denver Broncos. The deal includes $26 million guaranteed.
- The Dallas Cowboys released dominant DE DeMarcus Ware as well as wide receiver Miles Austin. Ware spent nine seasons with the Cowboys, and is likely to sign with Denver.
- The Miami Dolphins traded OT Jonathan Martin to the San Francisco 49ers for a conditional 7th round pick in the 2015 draft. Martin, who was at the center of a bullying scandal last season, played under coach Harbaugh during his time at Stanford.
- The 49ers also received quarterback Blaine Gabbert from the Jacksonville Jaguars for a sixth-round pick in 2014, and a conditional pick in 2015.
- After revealing that they would likely release offensive weapon Darren Sproles, the New Orleans Saints made a change and are now hearing offers for a trade.
- Chicago Bears released veteran DE Julius Peppers.