Free agency in the NFL is in full swing. Teams and players are making deals left and right, and Hardwood Diva is here to keep you up-to-date.
Here are the most current updates.
- Darrelle Revis and the New England Patriots have come to agreement on a one-year deal worth $12 million.
- New Orleans Saints trade RB Darren Sproles to the Philadelphia Eagles for a fifth-round draft pick. Sproles had expressed a desire to be released but Saints couldn’t resist the options a trade presented.
- New York Jets and WR Eric Decker agreed to a five-year, $36.25 million deal with $15 million guaranteed. Decker bolsters a less-than-stellar offense that was quite anemic last season.
- Carolina Panthers have released veteran wide receiver Steve Smith. Smith has been the one constant for the team’s offense over the last 13 seasons. Currently the Baltimore Ravens are the likely landing spot for Smith.
- After agreeing to a deal with Roger Saffold Tuesday, the Raiders parted ways with the tackle when their doctors failed to pass his on his physical. Saffold will now return to the St. Louis Rams who don’t seem to have issues with the shoulder that gave the Raiders’ doctors qualms.
- The Cleveland Browns cut quarterbacks Brandon Weeden and Jason Campbell. No surprise that they will be in the market for one of the quarterbacks available in this year’s draft.